Question

How to create a Zap from Foxit Esign Genie to QuickBooks Online and create an invoice with two potential prices?

• 21 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I need to Zap from Foxit Esign Genie to Quickbooks online and create an invoice. 

So far I have started a zap (document executed) with the Trigger being from Esigngenie.

However, when it comes to the action I’ve done several things and nothing looks right. The goal is to create & send an invoice. 

I have two potential prices. One is called Corporate and the other is Family/Friend. I’ve watched other videos from other companies… one being Docusign. 

I am so lost.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Parade Group,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

To make sure I fully understand your workflow, could you provide a bit more detail about what you're hoping to achieve with this Zap? If you could break it down into steps, that would be super helpful.

If it's possible, try to phrase it like this: "When A happens in Service X, I'd like B to happen in Service Y." This will really help me give you the most accurate advice possible. Thanks in advance!

I'm looking forward to getting a clearer picture of your needs so I can guide you effectively!

Thanks! 😊

1. When a document is executed in Foxit Esign, I’d like an invoice to be created in Quickbooks Online (Note: Customer will need one of two prices. Either Corporate or Family/Friend) 
  2. “Ideally but not 100% necessary” When that same form is executed in step 1, I’d like whatever information possible to dump into a Google Sheets form where I’ll keep all data.
  3. When an invoice is created in Quickbooks online, I’d like it to be sent via email to the Administrator and BCC to my email
  4. Once a Quickbooks Online invoice has been paid, I’d like to send a form from JotForm
  5. If step 2 occurred, I’d like the jotform table information to be included in Google sheets.

Is this more like what you are asking for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Parade Group, thanks for sharing some further details with us here! 

When a document is executed in Foxit Esign, I’d like an invoice to be created in Quickbooks Online (Note: Customer will need one of two prices. Either Corporate or Family/Friend) 

Is there any value in field output by the Document Executed trigger that would allow you to see if the customer should be given a Corporate or Family/Friend price? If not, is this information available for the customer in QuickBooks? In which case you may need to use a Find Customer action to locate the details.

Then you’d pass the relevant information to a Formatter (Utilities > Lookup Table) action which would be able to output the relevant price. For example if the customer was tagged in QuickBooks as being “Family” the lookup table could be set up to convert that value of “Family” into the relevant Family/Friend price. You can find out more about how to set up lookup tables here: Create lookup tables in Zaps

One thing to note here is that, when adding additional steps to a Zap would make it a Multi-step Zap which is only available on paid plans.

“Ideally but not 100% necessary” When that same form is executed in step 1, I’d like whatever information possible to dump into a Google Sheets form where I’ll keep all data.

To add the information into Google Sheets spreadsheet you would need to use a Create Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action in the Zap.

When an invoice is created in Quickbooks online, I’d like it to be sent via email to the Administrator and BCC to my email

That should be possible. With the Create Invoice action there’s a Email, Cc and Bcc field available. So it should be possible to send the invoice to the Administrator and BCC your own email address:
0aed56ecf5d1c2234674fb58027a9625.png

Once a Quickbooks Online invoice has been paid, I’d like to send a form from JotForm

There’s a New Payment trigger for the QuickBooks Online app so it should be possible to trigger when the payment is received. You could then follow that up with a Send Email (Gmail) action (see the full list of other supported email apps here) and include a link to the form in the Body of the email.

If step 2 occurred, I’d like the jotform table information to be included in Google sheets.

You could have another Zap that uses the New Submission (JotForm) trigger and has a Create Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to add the form submission information to the relevant Google Sheets spreadsheet.

Hopefully the above helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If I’ve misunderstood anything or you’re still getting stuck in setting things up can you share a screenshot showing exactly where the issue is occurring and we’ll be happy to further assist. Please remove/hide any private information from the screenshot before sharing here (like names, email addresses etc.).

Looking forward to hearing from you!