Best answer

How to create a QuickBooks Project every time a deal is won in PipeDrive?

• 22 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, I see older posts about Zapier developing the ability to work with Quickbooks Projects. Is there functionality there yet? I would like to create a Quickbooks Project every time a Deal is Won in PipeDrive.
Thanks.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 2 May 2022, 20:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EliseBr 

Good question.

Appears the QBO Zap app does not yet have the ability to work with Projects.

NOTE: Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves, altho I’m unsure whether QBO or Zapier manages the QBO Zap app.

Thanks. I just sent QB online an inquiry.

Userlevel 1

QuickBooks supports webhooks and has an API, so you could create a Zap that has a Webhooks by Zapier task that would create the Customer and/or Job as desired. This may be more complicated than desired, but I think it would get the job done, if I’m understanding the request.

https://help.developer.intuit.com/s/article/Webhooks-for-QuickBooks-Online-REST-APIs

More specifically…. Create a Customer (and Job) …. https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/api/accounting/all-entities/customer

Not necessarily needed in this case, but one can use the QBO webhooks to receive event triggered callbacks for entities that zaps need to stay on top of. Their webhooks automatically notify you whenever data changes in your end-user’s QuickBooks Online company files.
https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/develop/webhooks

Thanks, Steve. I appreciate your ideas. Not in my wheelhouse, but perhaps I can find a coder to do this for me?

Hi @EliseBr  There isn’t currently a way to do this using the QuickBooks Zapier integration, sorry about that.

We do have a feature request open for the option to create projects in Quickbooks Online. I've added your email address as another vote for this addition, which lets the team know how many folks are interested in seeing this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @EliseBr  There isn’t currently a way to do this using the QuickBooks Zapier integration, sorry about that.

We do have a feature request open for the option to create projects in Quickbooks Online. I've added your email address as another vote for this addition, which lets the team know how many folks are interested in seeing this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

Hi friends! 👋🏽 Also wanted to pop in and point everyone to a related question here: 

If anything changes with the Quickbook’s Online integration where this ends up being implemented, we’ll be sure to make an update in the above referenced thread. 🤗

In an effort to keep everything streamlined, I’ll be shutting down comments for this thread but definitely feel free to subscribe to that linked post for future updates!

Thanks so much all!