Question

How can I organize email contents into specific columns in my monday.com account?

• 31 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I set up a trigger in our Monday.com account that adds a new Task when an email is received. Totally simple and created it right in our Monday.com account. Works fine, but is a bit disorganized. 

I’d like to have the email sender, the subject line and contents of the email drop into specific columns. 

Ultimately, we would like to have Monday.com replace our Helpdesk.com so we have all of our work inside a single platform. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ONE ELEVEN 

Can you please clarify your question?

When you connect Gmail to Monday with the trigger, “When an email is received, create an item in _______.” The entire email drops into the first column. 

I’d like to have the email sender, the subject line and contents of the email drop into specific columns. Similar to Helpdesk. https://www.helpdesk.com/helpdesk-demo/

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ONE ELEVEN 

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context, thanks.