Best answer

How to create a client dashboard that allows clients to view their customer data (stored in Google Sheets)?

• 20 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

We keep all customer data in a few different client sheets. Currently we pull that data into a “dashboard” Google sheet, publish that to the web, and then send the client the weblink. But it looks awful and doesn’t format for mobile.

I’d like a way to send a new customer a temporary password so they can go to our website, enter their email and temporary password, and view their customer data (pulled from google sheets by using their email as a search key). Ideally this has protection against someone trying to brute-force the username and password box.

Is this possible with zapier? Or is there some other simple way to do this?

icon

Best answer by SamB 20 February 2024, 10:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @FFPT LLC! 😁

Zapier Interfaces has the ability to create password protected pages, and they can be embedded in websites. So if you were to move the data into Zapier Tables you could put that information on a password protected page, embed it on your website and share the link and the password for it.

You can learn more about how to do that here: 

I don’t have any documentation regarding brute force attacks specifically but you can learn more about Zapier’s security here: Security and Compliance

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues or have further questions just let us know! 

Userlevel 1

Got it, thank you!

The key thing I’m wondering about this though is if the Table can filter information based on the login credentials (i.e. if you login as a client, I want it to only show you your own client data, not anyone else’s). That’s the part I was feeling really stuck on in particular.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad I could help @FFPT LLC! 🤗

Interfaces has a managed users feature which you could use with a dynamic filter to filter the table component data based on the user that’s logged in.

You can learn more about how to do that here: Use dynamic filters to show personalized information

Let me know if you run into any trouble on setting that up - happy to help further!