Question

How to copy new files meeting filter criteria to a designated folder?

• 10 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I am using Google Forms with Form Approvals for Timesheet submissions.  From those submissions we get an Approval Form that includes payroll information I need, a supervisor signature, and a link to the uploaded timesheet.  For our grant billing I am trying to create a Zap that would automatically copy any timesheet approvals matching the filter criteria to another designated folder so that when billing for that program comes I will have them already ready instead of having to pick through a folder full of approvals and find just the ones I need for that particular program.

Right now the simplest idea seemed to be to set up a Zap triggered by the new file created in the approval form folder when a timesheet submission is approved.  But when I try to use the “copy file” option is asks me to choose a file… the file doesn’t exist yet… I want to copy the new file that triggers the Zap.  Anyone know how to accomplish this?  I started out several different ways last night (Google Form trigger, email from Form Approvals trigger, etc) which all ended up being overly complicated.  This seems to be the most simplistic way, and I would think it should be possible.  

Thanks!

Leighann

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LeighannD 

Are you trying to do this with your Zap steps…

1. Trigger: GDrive - New File in Folder
  2. Action: GDrive - Copy File (map the File ID from Step 1)

Yes!  Map the file is the problem I am having.  It is wanting me to specify a file to copy, but the file doesn’t yet exist.  I don’t see an option that says something like “copy new file”.  

Here is what I have so far:

https://zapier.com/shared/7bb1055fed4e685f20bffde1ef03b4bdf9a5d49e

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LeighannD 

We’re not able to see your exact set up from a Zap shared link.
Are you able to post screenshots of the setup so we can get a better idea of what might be causing that error?