Question

How to copy action keeping the original event in the destination

• 24 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I understood that it is possible to copy a zap (event and action) and paste or replace another zap.
The 2 zap that I need to use have different event type, and if I paste and replace it will change the event type as well and if I change the event all the action get reset to empty.

One is create and the other is update, but all the action in both file are the same (more than 200 entry)

Im looking for a wasy to bulk copy/import the action into the zap without changing teh event type.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Gino 

Good question.

Yes, Zap steps can be copy/paste across Zaps.

BUT, in doing so, mapped variables still reference the original Zap, so mapped variables would still need to be remapped in the new Zap.

Exactly this is what I need do, to paste variable/action into a already made event otherwise since there are more than 200 variable it take forever.

Any solution or work around?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Gino 

Try duplicating the Zap then editing the trigger.

@Troy Tessalone 

I got a reply from support on this and they just say that they passed down to developper.
They told me that every time you change the event type all with in the zap is reset.

That is what is happening to me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Gino 

If that’s the case, then there really isn’t a way to configure the Zap without manually mapping all the fields.