Best answer

How to copy a large file from one Dropbox to another without downloading it via Zapier?

• 13 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’ve built out my zap which extracts dropbox links from emails and the 100mb limit is quite frustrating, as almost all files i’m meant to be downloading are over 100mb. I understand there is infrastructure limitations but there has to be some form of work around.

Can I somehow copy this file in my dropbox and move it to another dropbox, meaning I don’t have to actually download anything? I feel like this is a more common issue than not and surely people have found a way to work around this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Patrick

icon

Best answer by ken.a 17 July 2023, 08:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pmiddleton 

Good question.

Have you tried this suggested workaround?

File field is missing from the returned data for the New File in Folder trigger

Although other data for the new file is retrieved when triggered, the file itself isn't pulled to our platform when its size is above 100 MB. This will cause other steps depending on the file field to fail.

To get around this, you can set the "Include file contents?" field to NO to exclude the file contents and use the "Direct Media URL" field provided by Dropbox instead of the "File" field:

Otherwise, you’d have to explore using the Dropbox API: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/http/overview

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

I’m a bit confused by this. Where is this screenshot from and how do I get to this inside my dropbox section of zap? There is no include media file contents option on my zap

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pmiddleton 

Check out this related topic:

Badge

hi @Troy Tessalone , I have already done this in my formatter section. What do I need to do next? because currently I have the outputed format section in the dropbox upload file section, which is causing an error

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @pmiddleton,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

At the moment the Dropbox integration doesn't support files that are over 100MB. We do have an open feature request to support files that are over 100MB. I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Also, it looks like there is no workaround for this one at the moment.

Thank you for your understanding.