Hi everyone! 👋
I’m trying to build an invoice-sending system that uses a combination of Hubspot, Airtable and Xero. Invoices are sent every month and the data for the invoice is populated in the Airtable. Our customers are paying us in monthly instalments and I want to automate the invoice-generation and sending process
The ideal workflow looks like this 👇
- Contact in Hubspot joins a contact list
- Record with contact’s details are created in Airtable
- Team is alerted in Slack
- Team member needs to go into Airtable to add details for the invoice and verify contact details are correct.
- Once certain fields are populated….
- Start loop by numbers so that the invoice can be sent for a set number of months.
- Create Xero in draft
- Team member approves xero invoice
- Once approved email out the invoice to the contact
- Delay until next month
I’m running into a few issues (which are quite similar)
- Step 5 - once certain fields in Airtable are populated. Right now I have a filter to check if the fields exist, however, because everything in Zapier runs instantly, the filter catches it and the zap stops. I need it to continue running once the fields are populated
- Step 6.3 - once approved, send out invoice...Again, I have a filter here to check if the invoice is approved before continuing...however it stops again because it all runs instantly. I want to be able to approve the invoice in Xero and that would trigger the zap to continue goin
- As a sub-problem...all of my invoices are getting generated at once - ideally the loop would go through each step sequentially
I’d love to get some input from the brainstrust on the 3 problems i’m running into! Thanks in advance! 😊
Best answer by SamBView original