Best answer

How to continue zap next steps when no record found ?

• 29 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, here is my use case :

1.Wait for new or updated rows in a DB (MySQL). When a row is found :

2.Find row.myField_1 in Salesforce Object_1

3.Find row.myField_2 in Salesforce Object_2

4.Find row.ID in Salesforce Object_3 - Create if does not exist = Yes 

If not found, I need to populate my Object_3 fields with

Object_1 values (if found, else leave blanks)   

Object_2 values (if found, else leave blanks) 

now here is how it works : step #2 returns “Nothing could be found for the search.” and my zap ends.

how to make it continue to step 3 ?

icon

Best answer by Cameron 23 November 2020, 01:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Sylvain ,

Thanks for reaching out- happy to help!

There are a couple of options you could choose from here to continue your Zap! This help doc will provide more information, but if the Zap doesn't find the data you're looking for in your search step, and you didn't select the checkbox for Zapier to create the data, the Zap will not proceed to the next step.

If the data you're looking for is found, or the data wasn't found but you selected the checkbox for Zapier to create the data, the Zap will move onto the next step.

Let us know if that does the trick or if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Sylvain!

I'm checking in with you here, since I don’t see a response to the message that our team had sent you. Have you managed to resolve things or did you still need help here? Please let us know :)

Badge

This works for single rows, but doesn’t work for multi-row options because there is no “create if it doesn’t exist”. What I’m tryin to do is check if they exist and set their status to “DELETED” if they do exist and then add new ones as “ACTIVE”. However, since it won’t proceed if none found (new, not update) then the zap freezes with no workaround.