Skip to main content
Question

How to connect Big query scheduler under the jobs trigger ?

• 25 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello Team ,

I am currently working upon ‘Send emails from Gmail when Google BigQuery jobs are done’.

While configuring  the triggers ,I didnot get the scheduler which is already setup in Bigquery dataset .only successfull jobs are getting in dropdown list of triggers

How can we configure the Bigquery scheduler in zapier i,e when scheduler completed its jobs done then send email from Gmail to group of people .

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @shjain32 

Perhaps you can provide screenshots to add context to what you’ve described.

For the BigQuery trigger, only the Project is a required field.

Also, not the description underneath the Table field.

If you need additional assistance, you can open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hello @Troy Tessalone  ,

Please refer below screenshot 

In this dropdown I got only those jobs which I ran under the project like any select ,insert or update statement etc.

In this dropdown can we get the scheduler which we configured in Bigquery.

Note : -in bigquery we can schedule the  sql queries that I want  to listed down this above screenshot

I want  whenever any scheduler triggers in bigquery then this zapier task  will also trigger and we got the notification of successfull/failure execution of scheduler job via email to the group of people.

I want this functionality  because ,In bigquery when owner account configure the scheduler then only owner gets the notification of successful execution of scheduler.But I want after successful execution of scheduler it triggers the mail to group of people not only for whom who create this trigger

Please let me know if you required more details .Let me know if you have any alter native workaround.

Thanks ,
Shreeya jain

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@shjain32 

The sample records pulled in from the trigger are only going to be completed jobs, which can be used to configure the additional Zap action steps.

You may need to add a Filter in Step 2 of your Zap if you only want a specific job to pass: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help