Skip to main content

Hi guys, following Problem.

I got a survey set up with some checkboxes. I want it if the checkbox in the google forms document is checked it also gets checked in the pdffiller form. 

Does anyone know how to do this…?

pictures:

google forms checkboxes
pdffiller checkboxes

​​​​​​In Zapier i tried doing it with a custom field but it does not happen to do anything. I can only Choose ON or OFF but i  have to set this manual. I want it to check the thing i check in the google forms.

​​

Hi @Sebbi 

Usually checkboxes are boolean values.

Try these values.

• true/false
    • TRUE/FALSE
    • True/False
  • yes/no
    • YES/NO
    • Yes/No
  • 1/0

Hi Troy, 

can i write this just in the custom field or how is it working? 

If i go to tapier i can only pick ON or OFF as shown in this picture here:

In custom i can only choose answers from my google forms:

thanks for your help in advance!

Hi @Sebbi,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Have you tried using a lookup table for this? The lookup table can take information that comes to us from one app and transform it into corresponding information that we can send to another app.

You can learn more about the lookup table here: 

Hopefully, this helps.

Hi @ken.a !

First, thank ou for the tip, i actually got it working… somehow…

There is still a problem, if I formate the answers from the google forms to “YES” it actually works to check the boxes in the pdf BUT if a box is not checked i think the whole thing is getting stuck in a loop of searching the word to formate it into YES. Thus i dont receive the answers anymore on my pdf. 

Some idea how to fix this? 

I got it! 

Had to set up one zapier formatter with a lookup table for each answer of the multiple choice question, so i can assign one lookup table to one checkbox seperatly. 

That’s an amazing news @Sebbi! I’m glad to hear that I was able to point you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗