Best answer

How to check if Woocommerce Order has different shipping address

• 18 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I want to check in Zapier if an subscription order in WooCommerce has a different shipping address (when the “Ship to different address” is enabled). I did try it with a Zapier Filter to check if the Shipping Street, Shipping First name, Shipping Last name does exist (please see screenshot below). 

But the problem is that the filter will block all following Zapier steps. And I guess there might be a simpler way to check if a buyer has entered a shipping address in the checkout (…if/then…). 

And I cannot use Zapier Paths because Paths can only be added to the last step of a Zap and I need to add some more steps after that. 

Thanks for help. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 February 2021, 23:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @michael291 

With Paths, you can have action steps for each Path. (Paths are just a Filter step followed by action steps)

You could try configuring 2 Zaps: 1 with a Filter to check if conditions are TRUE, 1 with a Filter to check if conditions are FALSE.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Thanks @Troy Tessalone . Yes, that might work. I will check this.

But often it would be great to have more Path steps than the 3 Paths that are currently possible. ;-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @michael291!

To build on what @Troy Tessalone said - You can have steps after adding Paths, but you can’t add Paths in the middle of Zap once you already have the later steps. You would need to delete the steps that are currently after you want to add the path. It’s not possible to copy and paste steps in Zaps, but if you want to remember how the steps are set up, you can:

1. Make a copy of your Zap 
  2. In the copy, delete the relevant steps and add the Paths
  3. Use the original Zap to remind you which steps you need after the Paths and how those steps are set up

If you need more than 3 paths, there are a couple of options. The first is that you can nest paths within other paths, which is helpful if you need conditions that are nested within the first fork of the path. We can sometimes increase the number of Paths in your Zaps. To find out if that’s possible in this case, get in touch with the Support team and let them know what you’re trying to do (using the Get Help form)

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @Danvers thanks for your details.

That sounds great. I did not know that nested Paths are possible. I will check that right now!! 

Many thanks for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@michael291 Here’s an article about Paths: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-branching-logic-to-zaps-with-paths

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Troy Tessalone Thanks a lot