Question

How to check for Duplicates before Zap?

• 23 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I need Zapier to add contact information from Calendly to Google Sheets, Square, Convertkit and Google Contacts BUT only after it checks to see if their email already exists in those programs.

How do I do this? I have tried using the filters but can’t figure out which one is the right one to use.

I have all 4 zaps up but can’t figure out the filter part.

PLEASE HELP!! Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @idealbalance 

Good question.

Try adding these Zap actions:

• Action: GSheets - Lookup Row
    • check the checkbox to create a new row so it becomes a find/create action
  • Action: GContacts - Find Contact
    • check the checkbox to create a new contact so it becomes a find/create action
  • Action: ConvertKit - Find Subscriber
  • Action: Square - Find Customer
Userlevel 1

Do I not need to add a filter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@idealbalance 

Depends on your desired logic.

Meaning find else create, or also update an existing record.

If the logic is to find else create, then no filter is needed, if the Zap action supports the dual event (find/create).

It would be helpful if you outline your desired logic for each app with specific examples.

You’ll need to use separate Zaps for each app.

OR 1 Zap with Paths.

Paths require a Zapier Pro+ paid plan.

Userlevel 1

Lookup Row is not an option

Userlevel 1

For Google Sheets:

When Invitee created in Calendly 

Add to Google Sheets their name, email, phone number

Only if the email they use doesn't already exist in that Google Sheet

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@idealbalance

For GSheets, here’s the list of available Zap triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 1

Found it. Thank you. how do I setup the action once I click on lookup to make sure it finding and pulling the information I need? What do I put in the lookup value section?

Userlevel 1

Here is what I have so far. How do I make sure it is checking to see if the email address the person used in Calendly is already in the Google Sheets? I only want entries imported if they are not already on our list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@idealbalance 

For the Lookup Value, map the Invitee Email address variable from the Calendly step.

Also, remove ‘Email’ as the selection for the Supporting Lookup Column.

When in doubt, test it out.