Best answer

How to capture "redirect_url": from Stripe?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Is it possible to capture "redirect_url": value from stripe using zapier?

I’m creating subscriptions for products and I’m using redirect_url to keep the track of the products my customers are subscribing to.

I have an airtable with links to stripe payment links with different ?utm_campaign=

all the products have different campaign value to keep track of what product customer chose (simple glideapp frontend fed by airtable

Banging my head and can’t find the "redirect_url" value in my test zapier data

Lukasz

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 March 2024, 11:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @lukasz_d 

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please provide a screenshot of the “redirect_url” value in stripe? (Kindly blur any personal information/detail of your account)

Userlevel 1

Hi @lukasz_d 

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please provide a screenshot of the “redirect_url” value in stripe? (Kindly blur any personal information/detail of your account)

Hi Brem, thank You for the welcome!

Here’s the screenshot

I’d like to be able to capture the value on new subscription created zap. Do you think it’s possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @lukasz_d,

Jumping in to see if I can help!

If you feel comfortable working with webhooks, you could set up webhooks within Stripe to listen for new customer subscriptions. Then you could use our Webhooks by Zapier "Catch Hook" trigger to maybe capture the “redirect_url” data you’re looking for.

Here are some resources if you are interested in trying that:

1. Use Stripe webhooks to trigger a (silent) Catch Hook in Webhooks by Zapier
  2. Link: https://dashboard.stripe.com/webhooks/create
  3. More info here: https://stripe.com/docs/webhooks#webhooks-summary
  4. Events can be found here: https://stripe.com/docs/api/events/types
    9aab9be394b0ae563082c5bc61120700.png
    (view larger)

Additionally, I have added you to our open feature request to have this feature implemented. While I don’t have an ETA on when will this get implemented. We will let you know via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thank you @ken.a 

I’ll give it a try now.

Will let you know how it went or if I’m stuck :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @lukasz_d,

No problem at all!

If you run into any issues during your testing, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always here to help you along the way.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks,

I’m happy to announce that the feature request Ken mentioned has now been implemented! 🎉🎉🎉

There’s now a New Event trigger available for the Stripe app that will allow you to trigger a Zap for a variety of different Stripe events such as the customer.subscription.created event:

b9a7ae5323ecafc69e77b0910fc764f9.png

If you run into any issues in using that New Event trigger please do reach out in the Community to let us know. Until then, happy Zapping! ⚡