Question

How to build a Zap to save email attachments & link them in Google Sheets with handle no attachments?

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to build an app that will trigger when I receive a new email with a certain Subject Line. When triggered I want it to do 2 things:

Step 1: Check if it has attachments and if it does then save the attachments to a folder in google drive.

If it doesn’t have attachments then it can just go to Step 2.

Step 2: Create a row in a google spreadsheet with details such as Date, Sender’s Email, Sender’s Name, Here I want it to save the links to the attachments on the drive in the Attachments column in the sheet. For emails where there are no attachments it would leave the attachments row empty.

I am struggling with integrating the attachment piece of this zap. Firstly can’t figure out how to tell zapier the number of attachments that the email has and then how to make it go back and pull all relevant attachment links from the drive and store it back into Google Sheets

Any help is much appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Inika 

Try this Zap trigger: Gmail - New Attachment

Userlevel 1

Hello Troy,

I am using this zap but don’t know how to proceed. Can you walk me through each step on how to save the attachment(s) to google drive and then copy the doc links on drive, then add a row to a spreadhseet and save those links for easy reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Inika 

If you’re looking for individual help, perhaps consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Otherwise, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to help give us context.