Question

How to avoid duplicate items creations from FB messenger to Monday.com?

• 4 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello Everyone,

I am stuck building a zap and just can figure it out.

What I want to do is very simple.

1. Every time a new message comes in from a new person in FB messenger, I want zapier to create a new item in monday.com with the Name of the person that contacted me.

My issue is, it does create the item when a message is received but every time a reply is sent by this same person a new item is created on Monday, which is inconvenient and not helpful at all.

I only want one item per new chat, don’t need every time someone replies a message I responded to get a new item created.

So far I have tried to use the filter option from zapier but there’s no option or logic (as far a I have tried) that prevents this issue from happening.

Can somebody give me a hand here, or maybe what I’m asking is just no possible.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JoseAG 

Good question.

Try adding this Zap action followed by a Filter if an Item is found.

NOTE: This will NOT work if 2 people have the same name.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there @JoseAG , to expand upon what Troy mentioned, you could record all of your inbound trigger events into a spreadsheet app of your choice in a Zap like so:

Facebook New Message trigger => Google Sheets Find or Create Row action => Filter by Zapier action (Only continue if row was created and not found in the search.) => Monday.com action

Facebook includes a “sender_psid” string in the data that is sent to us, and that is what you can use in your search in the Google Sheets steps to see if we have sent data to Monday.com for this user yet.  Should you set up your Zap this way, we should only send data to Monday.com once for any user who messages your page.  

Check out this post on other ways to handle dealing with an issue like this in Zapier: