Question

How to automatically upload Zoom recordings to Mighty Networks

• 28 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Ok so I know there is a way to upload a file to Google Drive.  I’m trying to do something similar in Mighty Networks.

So, if I were to do this manually the steps would be:

1. Download the video file from Zoom.
  2. Start a Quick Post in Mighty.
  3. Upload the video, add the text, and format the post.

I currently have a zap set up to do the Quick Post in Mighty, but seemingly can only post the link rather than uploading the video.  Any suggestions on how to fix that?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @RashidatO - thanks for coming by with your question! 

I took a peek at the Mighty Network actions, and it would look like uploading a file isn’t an available action setup, just posting content with an image: 

One workaround you could try working with is instead setting up a hyperlink to the GoogleDrive recording; it doesn’t sound like exactly what you’re looking for but it may be close.

I’ll keep this thread open in case folks have other ideas on how to best upload the recording directly, and hope that someone has another idea too! 

Best,

Rachael

Userlevel 1

Hi Rachel,

I wouldn’t need to upload it to Google Drive.  Right now, the recording is sent to the cloud with Zoom and the zap automatically posts the link.  Adding Google would be an additional step that’s not needed.  The only reason that’d be worth it is if it embed the video.

My other thought was to zap the upload from the Zoom Cloud to YouTube and them zap the post of the embeddable link to Mighty Networks, but it seems like the upload from Zoom to YouTube isn’t working.

-Rashidat

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @RashidatO - right, I hear you about the additional step. I don’t work with Mighty Networks directly so I can’t see the full action, but my assumption. here is that a quick post won’t allow uploads. 

Can you share with us what your Zap of Zoom to Youtube looks like? Maybe we can follow that thread and see if it would help get us back on the right track!

Userlevel 1

The Quick Post action in Mighty Networks allows uploads, it’s just not an option in Zapier.  What’s the process of requesting for that to be changed?

As for the Zap from Zoom to YouTube, I tested it out and I’d either still need the option to upload OR I need the option to embed.  Neither options are working right now.

Not sure what information you’re looking to see in my Zoom to YouTube Zap, but in essence I used the article you guys supply on how to upload Zoom videos to Google Drive and did the same for YouTube.  I’m getting a success status when I test the Zap, but the video is not showing up in my YouTube library and when I click the link the Zap produces, I get an error.

I think I should pause and state what my actual goal is…  I want the video to show up in the feed of my community as a replay with a visual rather than just the link.  I know that there’s a way to add an image, but that image wouldn’t be the same for every replay so the video itself is better.

Please let me know what other screenshots I can create to help us discuss a solution.  Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @RashidatO! 👋

I did some digging and found that there’s an existing feature request with the Create Quick Post (Mighty Networks) action to allow videos as well as images to be added. That seems to be what you’d need here so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that feature request. This increases it’s priority and allows us to email you as soon as that feature is added to the Mighty Networks app.

You mentioned that the Zap is erroring when you try to upload the Zoom recording to YouTube. I suspect it could be that the recording from Zoom doesn’t have the necessary permission settings to allow the YouTube action to access the file. We’ve got a help article that explains what settings need to be applied to allow recordings to be downloaded: I am having trouble downloading a recording from the New Recording trigger

If that’s not the case can you please share a screenshot of the full error message you’re getting on the YouTube action? Please remove/hide any private information from the screenshot before sharing (like names, email addresses etc.). This will help us to better troubleshoot this error.

Looking forward to hearing from you!