Question

How to automatically pull all outputs into Gmail body

• 10 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m using ‘Find many records’ to search Airtable and return items to be used in an email (using Gmail).

I’ve added a Formatter step between to turn a string of names into separate outputs for the email. 

I want to automatically show ALL separate outputs in the email. For example, if the process returns 10 separate outputs I want to show all 10 in the email. Is there a way to do this? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @OJT123 

Good question.

That would depend on how you want the email body to be formatted.

Can you provide an example for us to visualize with screenshots?

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy

Thanks for helping with this. 

See attached 2 screenshots. You’ll see I’m using the formatter to take a ‘search for multiple records’ result and split it into separate items. I then want these items to appear as a list in the body of my email, which I can do successfully as a manual test but I can’t find a way to automate it so that ALL separate results from the multiple record search are moved into the email body automatically when I publish. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@OJT123 

Try this Zap action: Formatter > Utilities > Line-Items to Text

Use <br> if you are using an HTML email body.

Use \n if you are using a TEXT email body.

Userlevel 1

Which token are you thinking I use in the email body with this?

‘Output: text’ is the only one that captures ‘all’ matches, however it appears in the email as a string of names separated by commas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@OJT123 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Formatter step is configured along with your Gmail step.