Question

How to automatically link a new client to a new project in Toggl when creating a new matter in Clio?

• 27 February 2024
  • 3 replies

When I create a new matter in Clio, I want Toggl to create a new project. The name of the Toggl project should be the matter number from Clio. I want the client associated with this project to be a new client that has the name of the client from the Clio matter. 

Currently, when I create a new matter in Clio, a new Toggl project is created and a new Toggl client is created, but in the Toggl project the client is still blank. I need the new Toggl client to be attached to the new Toggl project I just created.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cat21 

For us to have full context, we would need to see screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

The pictures show how I have configured the steps. I also attached the error. The error occurs at step 3.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cat21 

Help article to reference for dropdown fields: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

The Project Client fields expects a numeric value as indicated by the 123 icon, which must match a dropdown option internal value.