Skip to main content
Best answer

How to automatically delete Zap history?

• 11 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Due to our SOC 2 and GDPR, our president has mandated we delete any PII older than 3 days. I have a half dozen Zaps defined to populate Salesforce with leads from our Gravity forms. Gravity has a setting where it can automatically delete form data after X days. I’ve not found anything similar for deleting Zap History data. I was thinking it would be nice to have a Zap that deletes Zap History for me every X days but have not figured out how to do it. Any suggestions for a Zap, or other solution to delete PII (aside from manually doing it), would be greatly appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @4star 

Zapier doesn’t have any APIs available yet or Zap app integrations available to delete Zap Run History so that would have to be done manually on your desired cadence.

You can submit feedback and feature requests via a ticket to Zapier Support to be logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thank you Troy. That’s disappointing and I’d wager adding this sort of feature/function would be appreciated by the community at large.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @4star. We appreciate you sharing your candid feedback!

I can definitely understand how that would be a convenient setting to have. I went ahead and passed your thoughts along to our team for you! Thanks again for taking the time to share that. 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey folks, Erin Oz from Premier Support - I saw @christina.d‘s feedback in our feedback database and wanted to chime in here. 

We do offer custom data retention settings for users on the Company plan:

1174df3cdb10cf146765a7f6cd3ea89d.png
(view larger)

It’s great to have the feedback that this would be a useful feature for folks on individual plans as well. 😃

Thanks for chiming in @erinoz. Yes, we’re a small user (9 zaps) and 1 user, but we still have to abide by privacy policies and maintain the integrity of our SOC 2. It’s super helpful that Zapier has it’s own SOC 2 and SOC 3 and made those reports available to me without fanfare. Having this feature would be helpful too, and I wouldn’t think it would be too hard for your developers to implement - especially since the code already exists in your Company plan. Cheers.