Question

How to automatically delete entire spreadsheet with Google Sheets?

• 17 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I ahave been workin on this for a while, The idea is to export the order (.xls) from woocommerce to google sheet daily.

I want to export this daily. Meaning, there will be new tabs created everyday for daily export sheet.

Example: on 15th August, zapier will automatically export the excell order sheet from woocommerce and import it to google sheets under a single tab. On the 16th August, the same process will happen but i want zapier to import the order sheet onto a new tab. Therefore, by the end of the month, i will have 1 tab for each day (1 tab for 1 order sheet daily)

I have figured out a way to go around this. 

1. At 12:05 am, zapier will export the order sheets (from woocommerce) into google spreadsheet(secondary).

2. Then, zapier will copy the whole spreadsheet onto the another google spreadsheet(main). this google spreadsheet(main) is created so that zapier can create new tabs daily in that spreadsheet.

3. The next day, zapier will go through the whole process but when it comes to the copying stage, zapier will copy both today's and yesterday's order sheet. Then zapier will paste that data to the google spreadsheet(main) onto a new tab.

4. so now on the first tab, we have the order sheet for that particular day. But the second tab has the order sheet for the second and also the first day.

The problem is, we cannot seem to find a way to delete the previous order list once it's has been exported to google spreadsheet(secondary). 

zapier has an option where we can only delete specific rows in that spreadsheet. But we want a way to delete the whole spreadsheet automatically so it can be replaced with a new set of orders sheet.

Do you know a way around this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alex_ekhlass 

A different approach might be to use a database app such as Airtable instead of GSheets.

https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations