Best answer

How to automatically assign a contact to a deal (within Hubspot)

• 12 January 2022
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear Zapier Community,

I am trying to automate the automatic association of a contact to a created deal. What I have done is create two sales pipelines for which I have automatically created Deals via the Zapier integration from contacts that came in via a Hubspot form the past weeks (so existing contacts in Hubspot). The creation of these deals from the contacts (based on a contact property change) worked. But I now have the problem that none of my contacts are associated with my created deals. For context, my business does not operate with other businesses/companies but with private individuals, therefore the deal name is equal to the contacts first and last name. I have tried many versions through zapier but the issue seems to be that the automatic association from a contact to a deal cannot be resolved through the zapier options. Any idea how I can automatically assign my contacts to the created deals so I do not have to do this manually each time? Or if I may be missing an important step inbetween (tried it with find contact before association but also not successful).

Thank you a ton in advance and best

Daniela

icon

Best answer by christina.d 21 January 2022, 00:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AFM 

Try changing your Zap trigger step data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @danielajk, @DreTech , @AFM , @SeanWilson:

Thanks for reaching out and taking the time to surface this! I did some digging and was able to find the feature request related to adding associated fields to the “New Deal” trigger. 

While we don’t have an estimate when this will get implemented, I did go ahead and add votes for everyone in this topic to it. This way the HubSpot and Zapier teams can continue to track interest and send emails when and if this gets implemented.

Thank you to @Troy Tessalone and everyone for continuing to share your recommendations and what’s worked for you!

@Troy Tessalone,

Thanks for your help. Maybe its best to wait for Hubspot to fix it? Do you think the New Deal trigger will be available in the next couple of weeks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AFM 

No timetables are provided for feature requests.

Could be tomorrow, could be never.

@Troy Tessalone

I dont know why its working but it is working now. Thank you for all your help and patience. I will try not to touch anything and hopefully it keeps working. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone

I dont know why its working but it is working now. Thank you for all your help and patience. I will try not to touch anything and hopefully it keeps working. 

You had everything set up correctly. Sometimes it is best to then go into hubspot and do something to trigger again. Then you can go back to the zap, bring in the new data and do test & continue steps to ensure everything is OK.

some things that can cause issues I you create a test deal to start the zap build process then delete the test deal whilst doing the zap build and then subsequent tests fail for example. Can be confusing if you delete a deal or contact and then recreate it with the same information. The issue becomes that everything looks the same to us but the ID has changed.