Best answer

How to automate the process of bulk uploading products to Magento

• 21 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I am trying to find a work around to automate the process of bulk uploading products to Magento and below are the important details.

I have two sheets, each have several columns, every row is having a unique identifier across both sheets (SKU).

And then I have my third sheet, where I would like to write in the first column an SKU number, and it fetches both sheets and populate the columns with information from the original two sheets based on the SKU inserted. 

The above is the ideal automation but if it’s two complicated, I can consolidate the original two sheet in one but it will add some manual un necessary work.

icon

Best answer by mzsadiek 21 December 2021, 16:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Yasser! So if I understand you correctly, you will need one sheet with the SKU and all the details on each row, and then you can use this to import the products to Magento, right?

Merging these two sheets can be done with one Zap. You could do this in multiple ways, but I'll describe one that comes up in me.

1. Get all the SKU's like one line of text with a , or ; between them, like this: 123;764;563;226;etc. To do this, you can create a column with a formula like =CONCAT(B2; ",") if the SKU is in B, for example. Then you can copy all the values from this column altogether and save this.
  2. Create a Zap with 'Push by Zapier', for example, as the trigger (we need a manual way to trigger our Zap)
  3. We then add 'Loop by Zapier'. Choose 'Create Loop From Text' as your Action Event.
  1. We then paste our list of SKU's in the right column and give it a name in the left column.
  1. This way, our Loop will run for each SKU (if there are more than 500 SKU's, only paste 500 here, and after we have processed the first 500 repeats this for each set of 500.
  2. Do a lookup within the Loop in the first spreadsheet to get all the details related to that SKU.
  3. Do a second lookup within the Loop in the second spreadsheet to get all the details related to that SKU.
  4. Make a third action that creates a new Row in the third spreadsheet and adds the values from the first two spreadsheets.

I hope this helps! There are probably more possibilities to do this, but this is one I just came up with. If you cannot figure out how to set this up, you can send me a message, and I'll be happy to help you. 

Userlevel 1

Do a lookup within the Loop in the first spreadsheet to get all the details related to that SKU.

Do a second lookup within the Loop in the second spreadsheet to get all the details related to that SKU.

Make a third action that creates a new Row in the third spreadsheet and adds the values from the first two spreadsheets.

Hello, thanks alot for that approach suggestion, I think I understand what needs to be done except for the above mentioned steps, like I understand the concept but I don’t know how to find that in zapier, I am a bit confused as of how the lookup works in zapier

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Yasser! For the lookup, you will need this action:

To create a new row in your third sheet, you will need this action: