Skip to main content

I have a question. If what I’m thinking of is possible using Zapier, I would appreciate it if you could let me know. I’m Japanese, and using English sites is difficult for me, so despite spending 15 hours, I haven’t made any progress. I have Stripe and Slack accounts, but I don’t have any programming skills.

Here’s what I want to do:

When a new customer makes a payment through Stripe (for example, via a link for a Japanese beginner class), they are automatically invited to Slack, and then automatically invited to a specific private group (for example, the Japanese beginner class). After their one-month access period ends, they are automatically removed from the group. I would like to fully automate this process.

If there’s anyone who could help me, I would really appreciate it. I’m about to go to bed, so I’ll reply as soon as I wake up. Thank you very much.

Hi @japanese teacher 

There is no Slack Zap app action available to invite a new user to the Slack Workspace.

Zap action: Slack - Invite User to Channel

Description: Invite an existing User to an existing Channel. You must be a member of the channel to invite someone to it.

Thank you so much, I will try something different!

Hi there @japanese teacher,

While there’s no supported action to invite a Slack user. We have an existing feature request for that exact functionality.

I have added you to the feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, you can stay in the loop/follow along with updates on the main thread here: 

Hopefully, this helps.

For anyone that comes across this and wants to be added please reach out on the main topic for this issue here and we’ll get you added to the feature request.