Question

How to automate email summaries from multiple sources to one email?

• 7 December 2023
  • 6 replies

hey, 

i wanted to create a workflow where different emails from different email sources gets identified based on their “from address” > read > summarised by ChatGPT > aggregated into one send email with an ordered format of each email summary > sent to an email address

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lush 

Good question.

Try using the Digest app: https://zapier.com/apps/digest/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lush 

Another option is to log all the summarized emails in Airtable/GSheets.

Then Schedule another Zap to run and find the matching emails (e.g. Date = Today), followed by some formatting before doing the email send.

Troy, that’s a great suggestion. thank you! would also love to understand how to do the formatting prior to sending the email? is that done through “Formatting by Zapier”? if you would be able to go a bit more detailed on that part i’m sure i’ll be able to do the rest :) 

an example of a format i’m thinking about

• general h2 headline for entire email
  • subheadlines with h3 or h4 for each email being summarised
  • summarised email nested below the h3 or h4 header
  • some paragraph text
  • sign-off

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lush 

Which email app is being used to send the email?

The formatting will depend on how you want the email formatted.

Are you using HTML or TEXT email formatting?

Best to provide a specific example for us to have context. (screenshot)

gmail and outlook would be the email apps. html formatting would be ideal, but would also love to understand text formatting.  

screenshot attached. something akin to that, but some of the text elements customised to a p1 bold (e.g. Summary of e-mail 1 > p2 text beneath, Summary of e-mail 2 > p2 text beneath..)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lush 

If you want to do HTML formatting, then you can try asking ChatGPT for help with the HTML tags.

To help you format, you’ll want to use this Zap action: Formatter > Utilities > Line Items to Text

Play around with it to see the outputs and use an HTML viewer tool to see how it will render: https://codebeautify.org/htmlviewer