Skip to main content

How to Automate Data Transfer from Smartlead to Google Sheets for Google Looker Studio Integration?

• 25 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello Zapier Community,

I'm looking to automate the process of transferring data from Smartlead to Google Sheets, which I then plan to connect to Google Looker Studio for data analysis. However, I noticed that Smartlead is not available on Zapier, which poses a challenge.

My current workflow involves using Google Sheets as an intermediary database between Smartlead and Google Looker Studio. I want to ensure a seamless flow of data from Smartlead to Google Sheets.

Has anyone faced a similar issue or found a workaround to connect Smartlead with Google Sheets through Zapier or any other automation tool? Any suggestions or alternative solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Ronak,

I’m so sorry for the delayed response here.

You can use Webhooks by Zapier as a workaround to connect Smartlead to Zapier. However, ​just to be upfront, Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected.

In the meantime, I have added your vote to our internal app wishlist for Smartlead.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ronak 

@ken.a is correct.  Webhooks can be tricky at first, but they are easier than a full blown custom integration and JavaScript.

Look here for the Smartlead webhook instructions: https://helpcenter.smartlead.ai/en/articles/35-webhook-guide

You will read about “event types” when working with webhooks.  The event type is the trigger that the webhook listens for.  For example, “LEAD_CATEGORY_UPDATED” is a Smartlead event type.  The event type informs Smartleads to send you specific event data.

When the webhook is created in Smartleads, it needs to know where to send the data.  When you create a Zapier Webhook trigger, you will see the URL to provide to Smartleads.  Learn more about Zapier Webhook triggers here.  https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288690317-Trigger-Zaps-from-webhooks

Zapier does a stellar job providing instructional documentation.

Webhooks are a good stepping stone into the world of advanced Zapier knowledge.  I am glad that Ken mentioned the topic.  

Best regards,

Zap Support

GetUWired