Question

How to auto-populate Dovetail note content with data from a specific cell in a newly added Google Sheets row?

• 22 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi! I set up a zap to move data from Google Sheets into Dovetail. I set it up so that every time a new row is added to the Google Sheet, a new note is created in Dovetail. However, the content of the note is automatically "A new row has been added to the Google Sheets spreadsheet. Row number: X, Row ID: X". Instead, I would like the content of the note to automatically copy/paste the content of a particular cell in the new row. How can I do that?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @KAResearch 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have context.

This is all I’ve got so far. 
I see options for including further info in Fields, but I would like the content of a specific cell in the spreadsheet to be entered into the body of the Dovetail note. I hope that helps, thank you for helping me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KAResearch 

You would need to map other fields from the GSheet step into your Content field in step 2.

Thank you, Troy, but how do I do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KAResearch 

Help article about how to configure your Zap action step using the ‘Custom’ tab to select dynamic variables.

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action