Best answer

How to @ mention Circle user in a Circle post?

• 11 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I want to set up a new member welcome automation in Zapier that @ mentions the new user in the post.

I’ve read this article, which is interesting, but shares no insight on how to accomplish this.

I’ve tried using the @ character, and tried inserting several variables - but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas? Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 12 May 2023, 19:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @dgiller! 👋

Ah, yes it looks like that article only covers how to send a direct message to the user either on Circle or on Slack. It doesn’t cover how you’d @mention them in a new post.

I’d have thought that you could just use something like @Username but I’ve done some testing on this side and couldn’t get it working when creating a new post either. I’m not seeing any existing feature requests for the ability to @mention users. So in this case I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team about this to get a new feature request opened up on your behalf. 

If we do come across a workaround in the meantime we’ll be sure to share it here. And if you find a solution before us please do let us know. Would love to know how it’s done! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @dgiller,

I have created a feature request on your behalf to have the ability to @mention a member when using the “Create Post” action in Circle. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Thanks so much! @ken.a and @SamB !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @dgiller,

You are most welcome! We’re glad we could help.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊