Best answer

How to assign task to a user in monday.com

• 21 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Dear all,

i’m trying to assign a user to an item in Monday with Zapier. 

Basically I want to assign a person, wich is also assigned in an other board. I'm trying to use the output from step 5 as an input, but it doesn't work. 

I assume, that the input is in the wrong format/structure, but I can’t find the right one. 

I already tried:

• User Name
  • Email
  • User ID

Has anyone an idea, how to fix this issue?

icon

Best answer by mzsadiek 21 December 2021, 11:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @jonas_junk! The ‘Create Item’ action expects a User ID in the ‘Owner/Personen’ field. This User ID is not passed when you use an update on Monday as a trigger. You could create a Google Sheet in which you have the names in one column, and the user ID’s in the other column. You can then set up a Zap that adds new users to this list with their name and user id.

Whenever you want to assign a user to a task, you do a Google Sheet lookup in that table and get the user id set to that name.

Userlevel 1

Hi @jonas_junk! The ‘Create Item’ action expects a User ID in the ‘Owner/Personen’ field. This User ID is not passed when you use an update on Monday as a trigger. You could create a Google Sheet in which you have the names in one column, and the user ID’s in the other column. You can then set up a Zap that adds new users to this list with their name and user id.

Whenever you want to assign a user to a task, you do a Google Sheet lookup in that table and get the user id set to that name.

Thank you! :thumbsup_tone2: It’s finally working with GSheets, although I tried before with Zapier Formatter Lookup Table.