Question

How to assign Google Deck slides to individuals using Zapier based on Calendar events?

• 6 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me. As a work assignment I’m trying to develop a zap to automate various stages of meeting deck creation. I began by doing New Event Matching Search in Google calendar - in this case, ‘Governing Board Meeting.’ Then i have it automatically creating a deck from a preestablished template. So far so good. This works.

What I want to do next is find a way to get zapier or one of its connected apps to go into said deck and actually do assignments to x person, y person, z person, on the individual slides for which they are responsible.

My first go-to was connecting Asana, because most of my team members are on Asana, but one of our internal software developers saw what I was doing and strongly discouraged it. I have to come up with another solution, preferably connecting apps that are in Google Suite using Zapier.

Having said that, I even tried Google Tasks, but google tasks will not allow me to assign tasks to other people.

Is there a way to program Zapier to actually go into the Google Deck that has just been created and assign specific slides to specific folks in my company?

Many thanks, 

Nathan

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NSouthern78 

That would likely involve using the GSlides API via one of these advanced Zap actions:

• Custom Action
  • API Request

Thank you!