Best answer

How to assign broker to lead record in Salesforce?

• 6 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Problem:

I have an online application where our clients fill out 150 fields that zaps into Salesforce (Create Record in Saleforce - Zap ) creating a new lead record. I have 149 fields populate except for one field that does not transfer information over from the zap which is a contact search field.

GOAL: 
On the website application the user would type in the Brokers name in to the field, upon submission. The Zap would then bring the information into salesforce, search the Broker Contact Record Types, select the Broker if already in the system. If they are not found then the Zapier would create a new Broker Contact Record. Then populate the Broker field on new lead record that triggered the zap. 

Screenshot of the field that will not populate with the current zap. 

What do I need to do to create this process and achieve the goal of adding the Broker to the lead record.  

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 August 2021, 12:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @KSpedoske,

It sounds like you’d want to have a Salesforce Find Record search action to search for the broker (and create one if it isn’t found). Then in a Create Record step that will create the lead, you’d use the Custom value option and select the ID number for the broker (from the previous search action).  That would allow the Zap to select the correct broker for the lead automatically. 

I’d also suggest checking out the following guides for more details on working with search steps and using custom values in Zaps:

Hope that’s helpful and please do let us know how you get on with this! :)