Best answer

How to allow Zap to continue if no file is uploaded to Ninja Forms?

• 1 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a zap created that sends data from a Ninja Form to a Google Drive folder and Google Sheet.

There is a “non-required’ file upload field on the Ninja Form. If the user uploads a file to the Ninja Form, the file is sent to a Google Drive folder.

All data from the Ninja Form is sent to the google sheet with the exception of the file upload field. I have that this mapped to the “Alternate Link” from the Google Drive.

If the user uploads a file to the Ninja Form, everything works correctly. However, if they do not upload a file to the Ninja Form, then no data at all is sent to the Google Sheet. I see an error in the zap history…

“Required field "file" (file) is missing.” 

“This Google Sheets step didn‘t run because it depended on a previous step or filter that wasn‘t successful.”

How do I get the zap to accept that someone may not upload a file and still send the remaining data onto the Google Sheet?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 December 2021, 03:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Dietz Group 

Use this formatter: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/set-default-values-for-blank-fields-in-zaps

What it does essentially is when your file field has no data (user didn’t add a file) you can specify a default value for this, which will pass over when there is no data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dietz Group

Alternatively you can try these Zap steps.

1. Trigger: Ninja Forms - New Form Submission
  2. Action: GSheets - Create Row
  3. Action: Filter (check if file exists)
  4. Action: GDrive - Upload File
  5. Action: GSheets - Update Row (map Row ID # from Step 2)
Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone that’s perfect. Thanks for the answer!