Question

How to allocate new customers into groups on a biweekly basis?

• 31 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I am trying to create a database of customers that assigns each person to a group and creates new groups as more customers flow into the database.

For example, over a span of 2 weeks, we might get 10 new customers. I would want customers 1-4 to be assigned to group A, customers 5-8 assigned to group B, and customers 9-10 to group C.

Then, every 2 weeks, the list of customers and their groups is released. I table columns would be:

1. Batch identifier (e.g. Jan 1-14, Jan 15-30)
  2. Group Identifier (e.g. A, B, C, etc.)
  3. Customer name & email.

I’ve created a table, tried using a Digest, scheduler, and delay but can’t quite seem to put the pieces together. Help!

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @Rob123 - happy new year to you! 🙂

Hmm, if you’re wanting the customers to be assigned into different groups perhaps you could use a Round Robin approach to assign them? If you’re not familiar with Round Robins, we have some Community posts and help guides that give details on how to set up Round Robins which you may find helpful:

Do you think that sort of approach might work? Looking forward to hearing from you on this!