Best answer

How to adjust multiple email outputs in a single task without creating multiple formatter actions?

• 10 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi , 

I'm having trouble with getting multiple outputs out of 1 email body. I have already formated the data into different outputs by splitting text: 

These outputs still contain the name of the output. Is there any way for me to adjust these outputs in 1 task? For example remove text that contains :. Can't find a way other then creating a format step for every output. But that's to many tasks. 

Thnanks!

icon

Best answer by SamB 11 April 2024, 09:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @The Box Company. welcome to the Community! 🎉

To handle it in a single task you could try one of the following:

1. Use a Code step to parse out the desired content into separate fields. If you’re not familiar with writing code we have a handy AI-powered (beta) feature for Code steps that can write it for you: Generate a Code step using AI (Beta)
  2. Alternatively, you could forward the emails to an email parsing app like Email Parser to parse the content out into separate fields. And you’d use that as the trigger for the Zap. You can learn more about using Email Parser here: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails 

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that just let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Awesome, thanks Sam, i got it working with the Code step!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

YAY! Thanks so much for following up here @The Box Company. I’m so pleased you were able to get it sorted using a Code step! 😁🎉

Sounds like you’re all set for now but please do reach out to the Community again if you need help with anything else. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡