Best answer

How to add time entries into Quickbooks Time using Google Sheets?

• 14 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I am struggling with a zap that creates a time entry in Quickbooks Time from every line entered on a Google Sheet.  I would like for my admin to collect and log time performed by several people working on a single project.  I don’t want to give her access to my Quickbooks account and I can’t add her to my Tsheets account (long story). Has anyone written a zap for this that they are wiling to share.  I also use projects in Quickbooks so the time entry would have to link to the correct project

icon

Best answer by SamB 30 September 2021, 15:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MKB Design 

Check out the Zaps possible with the GSheets and QBO available triggers/actions/searches: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations/quickbooks#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@MKB Design, just checking in to see if you still need help with this? Let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here for anyone that’s also looking to create a similar workflow to suggest using the following trigger and action steps:

Trigger: New Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets
Action: Formatter (Utilities > Lookup Table) in Formatter by Zapier
Action: New Time Activity in QuickBooks

The Formatter step here would use a Lookup Table to convert the employee name received from the Google Sheet step, into the relevant reference/ID number for the employee in QuickBooks. More details on using Lookup Tables can be found here: Create lookup tables in Zaps

Then in the QuickBooks step, for the employee you’d select the reference/ID number output by the Formatter step. Allowing the Zap to automatically attribute the time activity to the correct employee in QuickBooks. :)