Best answer

How to add the response count to a Discord's message?

• 12 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I’ve just discovered this web and I’d like to know if there’s any way of adding the response count to the message sent to Discord.

I’m organizing a videogame tournament and I’m using Google Forms as a registration form. I’d like the bot to type the amount of responses in order to let the users of my server know how many vacancies are left.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 14 November 2022, 11:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AstarteaEsports!

Yes, you can do with Zapier. You can trigger a Zap each time a new Google Form is completed and then add a step that will increase a counter (I’ll explain how to do that below). Then you can add a step that will send that number as a channel message in Discord. 

To add the counter, you need to use the Storage by Zapier app. When you add the step, choose the increment value action, which will add one to a stored number each time that the Zap runs. This help guide explains how to add a Storage step to your Zap: Save and retrieve data from Zaps

To put those both together, here’s what the Zap would look like:

1. Google Forms: New form response
  2. Storage by Zapier - increase increment
  3. Discord - Send Channel message

I hope that’s clear, let us know if you have any questions or need any help putting that together :)

Hi @AstarteaEsports!

Yes, you can do with Zapier. You can trigger a Zap each time a new Google Form is completed and then add a step that will increase a counter (I’ll explain how to do that below). Then you can add a step that will send that number as a channel message in Discord. 

To add the counter, you need to use the Storage by Zapier app. When you add the step, choose the increment value action, which will add one to a stored number each time that the Zap runs. This help guide explains how to add a Storage step to your Zap: Save and retrieve data from Zaps

To put those both together, here’s what the Zap would look like:

1. Google Forms: New form response
  2. Storage by Zapier - increase increment
  3. Discord - Send Channel message

I hope that’s clear, let us know if you have any questions or need any help putting that together :)

Thank you so much!