Best answer

How to add text in a pdf print header?

• 18 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I would like my Zap to assist in adding text to the print header of a PDF although anywhere clearly visible on the pdf would be fine as well. I would like the Zap to do a sort of VLookup so that via the pdf file name it will search for the right cells in my excel and transfer that to the PDF.

Is there a way to do this without subscribing to a PDF conversion tool? And tips would be welcome!

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Daniela_Paulo 18 August 2022, 18:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @StephZap 

Good question.

Perhaps you can outline a specific example in order for us to have proper context about what you are trying to automate, thanks.

Screenshot are encouraged.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @StephZap ,

If the file name is sent in the trigger, you can use it to Find Row in Excel. The data in the row can also be used in the next steps of the Zap.
However, you would need a specific app that allows you to edit the PDF. You can see a list of the available apps here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/documents

If you need help with the workflow, please send us a specific example as @Troy Tessalone suggested 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone thank you for thinking with me, unfortunately I can’t add screenshots but let me try to explain better!

Since writing my initial post I’ve managed to create a zap that moved the file around on the drive, changes the file name so that it contains the right text which is also the text I would like to somehow see inside the pdf so that when I print the pdf the file name will show.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@StephZap 

What app are you trying to use to create the PDF?

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone The initial file is already a pdf. I have to look at the pdf apps to see which one will be most suitable. Another issue I faced with this zap is that if I move files older than 4 days the zap doesn’t get triggered automatic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@StephZap 

What Zap trigger app and event are you trying to use?

Userlevel 1

I use Google drive and google sheets and PDF files. I haven’t used a PDF program yet. Maybe we can add the title on the page through the printer settings. I will let you know if I succeed next month when we try the whole process for the first time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @StephZap! I’d love to know if you’ve had a chance to try this workflow out this month - if so how did it go?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers, I am using PDF4me now and it is working. Still upgrading the process as we go to make it more efficient!