Best answer

How to add tax value into total price in QB

• 4 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am adding line items into QBS invoice create event. I have added price of item and quantity and also added a tax percentage but when testing QB event is not adding tax value to find out total price and hence not matching with the total price given by me.

Can anyone please help?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 4 January 2023, 20:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @WilCompute! Thanks for reaching out! So sorry to hear you’re running into this. 

Hmm, looking at error message in the second screenshot it looks like there may be an issue with the format of the data being sent to QBO.

Specifically, the “Quantity” and “Rate” fields pictured below don’t appear to be totaling correctly.

1 x 123 doesn’t equal 135.30.

It looks like the “Orders Total” field is already including the tax rate 👉🏽 123 x 1.10 = 135.30

Is it possible to double check your QBO setup for the “Orders Total” field and ensure it’s only reflecting the pretax amount?

Keep us posted! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @christina.d ,

I will check the things with QB and then write here.

Thanks once again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @WilCompute 👋, were you able to check things out with your QBO setup? Any updates?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@christina.d @chanelle Thanks, I understood the issue and now it is working.

Thanks ! 

😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @WilCompute!

Thanks so much for letting us know. I’m so glad Christina was able to point you towards a solution here! 🎉