Best answer

How to add task submitter as follower n Asana

• 26 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Ive created a google form, that via zapier, creates a task in Asana. I am guessing it shows me as the task creator in Asana b/c its my account the automations are linked to. How can I additionally add the person who submitted the form as a follower of the task?

I have their email, and am converting that via Lookup table in zapier, to a column in Asana as “Submitter” …. now…. how do I add the submitter, as a follower?

Hope this makes sense :)

icon

Best answer by Crackentee 1 July 2020, 20:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Crackentee ,

Thanks for reaching out- this is interesting!

I think you should be able to use Formatter → Utilities to change the Asana Submitter to a task Follower but we may need to know a bit more about how your Lookup table is set up. 

Let us know if you’re able to share more information around your table configuration and we can dig deeper! Or, if you’ve achieved this workflow, please share how you solved it- would love to know!

Userlevel 2

Thank you @Liz_Roberts  yes, I was able to solve this with using the Formatter - Utilities and Lookup table to match the email from the submitter with their info from Asana, and pop that into the Follower of the task before it is passed thru to Asana. Glad to help anyone with this if needed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great @Crackentee ! Thanks for sharing!