Best answer

How to add mentions in the new tweet

• 12 January 2023
  • 3 replies

So I use Zapier to create Tweets.

I know what should I do to create a hashtag, but IDK what to use in order to add a mention (@).

icon

Best answer by Danvers 12 January 2023, 11:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Michal Krawczyk!

It’s not possible to use an @ mention when you create a tweet using Zapier. Twitter doesn’t allow any automated services to use @ mentions, which I know is frustrating but it protects Twitter uses from Spam. We do have a feature request open for adding @ mentions to tweets in case this changes in the future. I’ve added you as an interested user on that feature request and we’ll also update the post below if we have any news. 

Thanks!

Hi @Michal Krawczyk!

It’s not possible to use an @ mention when you create a tweet using Zapier. Twitter doesn’t allow any automated services to use @ mentions, which I know is frustrating but it protects Twitter uses from Spam. We do have a feature request open for adding @ mentions to tweets in case this changes in the future. I’ve added you as an interested user on that feature request and we’ll also update the post below if we have any news. 

Thanks!

uhm, how to put this… I managed to cheat Twitter then.

so I entered this:

‘-@MichalKrawczyk3’ - it creates the mention BUT with this ugly dash in front.

So I thought this might be tuned a bit.

We’ve used another service that has allowed us to post with mentions for years.  Perhaps they’ve been violating the TOS this whole time?