Skip to main content

Hi so I am trying to set up a Zap to filter our Cognito form entries and export only the entries with a certain status and send this out as an automatic email daily. The zap sequence that I was given was:

schedule by Zapier > filter by Zapier > Cognito forms > email by Zapier 

Now the issue I am running into is at the 2nd part “filter by Zapier”, the filter conditions or rules it gives aren’t anything I am looking for, just dates/ times.. I need the rule to be if Cognito form entry status = ‘prequalified’ then export all those entries with that status and send a daily email at 5 PM to specific email. Not sure exactly what I need to add/ do to get this outcome, any feedback is much appreciated. 

Hi @scwadmin 

Why not do this flow?

1. Trigger: Cognito Forms - New Entry
  2. Action: Filter
  3. Action: Gmail - Send Email

Otherwise, if you are trying to run on a schedule the logic is more complex as it involves API requests which is where the filtering would be set, then handling 0+ results to be formatted for an email.

Perhaps look into using a Digest: https://zapier.com/apps/digest/help

Would there be a way to have my Google Sheets spreadsheet sync to Zapier tables and then use the daily zap via Zapier tables instead, so all entries or rows on the spreadsheet that have a certain status be exported and sent in an email?

How it works right now is we have a form on Cognito that captures new customers/ submissions and when we receive a new one there is a Zap that adds that data from Cognito to a Google Sheet spreadsheet automatically - I am trying to figure out the best way to to have the data in Cognito sync to a spreadsheet and be able to filter and send an email to my boss per his attn, ex: ‘these following items that have this status tied to it still need your attention.’

@scwadmin 

Would there be a way to have my Google Sheets spreadsheet sync to Zapier tables and then use the daily zap via Zapier tables instead, so all entries or rows on the spreadsheet that have a certain status be exported and sent in an email?

Same concept can be done with GSheets or Zapier Tables, no need for multiple.

There needs to be common values to find the records/rows by. (e.g. Date & Status)