Question

How to add each day’s current date when importing messages from slack to google sheets?

• 7 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, im facing a small issue here. I’m trying to auto enter each day’s current date in Column B for every message imported from slack in Column C. 

i tried using the query: IF(C2<> “”, Today(), “” ) in column B to auto enter the current date for each day, but this doesn’t work for messages imported from slack. 

It does work when i manually enter a field in Column C. 

Also, i wanted to know if there’s a way to import image links from images posted on a slack channel?

Can anyone please guide me with this? Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

With formulas you would need to put the ‘=’ sign before the formula to let it work. If it always is todays date, you could also try {{zap_meta_human_now}}.

To get image links for images posted in a Slack channel, you can use the ‘New File’ trigger.

If however you are trying to set this up with ‘Transfer by Zapier’, then I am not sure how you would be able to do so for images already posted.

Userlevel 1

With formulas you would need to put the ‘=’ sign before the formula to let it work. If it always is todays date, you could also try {{zap_meta_human_now}}.

To get image links for images posted in a Slack channel, you can use the ‘New File’ trigger.

If however you are trying to set this up with ‘Transfer by Zapier’, then I am not sure how you would be able to do so for images already posted.

This is super helpful, i did try the {{zap_meta_human_now}} but i think it asks for premium access to do that, any other way to do it? 

Also, for some reason the imported messages all have the green column color of the head column (c1). I tried to change the color but it doesn’t change

Userlevel 1

Can i not choose 2 trigger events at the same time? I need the text and image links from a message posted in a slack channel.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

This is super helpful, i did try the {{zap_meta_human_now}} but i think it asks for premium access to do that, any other way to do it? 

Also, for some reason the imported messages all have the green column color of the head column (c1). I tried to change the color but it doesn’t change

The {{zap_meta_human_now}} shows ‘no data’ when you insert it, but it works (on both free and paid plans).

To prevent the new rows from having the same formatting as the titles, first add 1 row with ‘--’ in each column, with no markup. When you run your Zap after that, and the first pieces of data get added, you can delete that column if you wish (or just let it there).

Can i not choose 2 trigger events at the same time? I need the text and image links from a message posted in a slack channel.

You can’t choose two triggers at the same time. I have tried some solutions like searching the image using the ID of the text message or searching for the text by using the image's timestamp, but I was not successful. I hope someone will be able to help you with this.