Best answer

How to add contact name from HubSpot Deals into Airtable?

• 28 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to make a Zap that creates a record in Airtable every time a deal enters a stage.

I would like to populate an Airtable Database with things like the Contact associated with the deal and the Company associated with the deal. Correct me if I'm wrong but in order to find the associated info, I need to use a find function (2).

I am struggling with searching for the data. For example, if I am trying to populate the Airtable with the Deal's Contact name then do I set up a Find Contact action, and search property name; First Name - but what should be the property value that is returned?

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP <3

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 February 2021, 16:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hugpuf 

From the HubSpot New Deal trigger in Step 1, make sure to return the Contact data point which should be an ID since it’s a linked object.

Then in HubSpot Find Contact for step 2, search by Contact ID and map the Contact ID returned in Step 1.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 
Thanks for the feedback! Hmmm nothing in step 1 suggests I can change what values get returned. What heading would that be under/

?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hugpuf 

Try selecting the desired properties to return in this section of the trigger step:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Hugpuf 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?