Best answer

How to add Calendly appointment dates to my Monday.com board for new Typeform leads and scheduled calls?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have a problem and tried to resolve it with a solution you mentionned in a forum. But I still have a little thing to fix. Maybe you could help !

I have a lead capturing form on Typeform where after completion, leads are redirected to Calendly to schedule a call. I am trying to setup an automation so that: Once a typeform is completed and the lead has scheduled an appointment through Calendly with sales rep, the lead is added to a Monday.com board. Each new lead is a new item. But I would like to add the Calendly appointment date with matching information as the typeform submission. I have already this zap. All good. Now I want to add the date of the schedulded meeting of calendly on a specific column in my monday board.

Someone suggested to do :

Zap 1

1. Trigger: Typeform - New Entry
  2. Action: Monday - Create Item

Zap 2

1. Trigger: Calendly - Invitee Created
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
  3. Search by Email
  4. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Columns Value

The problem is that in step 3 it asks me for a specific item (lead). But I want it for each new lead (item) of the monday board.

How can I do ?

Thank you so much !

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 11 March 2024, 15:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ElieO 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Thanks a lot for your help ! So here is my process :

First of all, the new lead completes a typeform with a calendly at the end to organize a call with one of our sales reps.

I also have a board on Monday.com with all new leads. Each new lead creates a new item.

I have set a zap so that once a typeform is completed and the lead has scheduled an appointment through Calendly with sales rep, the lead is added to my Monday.com board.

Here is the first zap :

But the fact is that the date of the meeting cannot be updated on this zap. So I’ve created a new zap :

The fact is that it can add the date of the meeting for a specific item (lead) but not for all incoming leads. You can find below my actions :

Actually, I have to select an existing specific Lead/item on monday (Item ID). I don’t find a way to add the date of the meeting for all the new leads…

Let me know if something is not clear !

Thanks a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ElieO 

In Step 2, map the email address from Step 1.

In Step 3, map the Item ID from Step 2 using the ‘CUSTOM’ tab.

The Item ID will be a number as indicated by the 123 icon.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Thanks a lot for your answer !

I tried to map the email address from Step 1 in Step 2 and map the Item ID from Step 2 in Step 3. But again, it works for the specific item mentionned in step 3. If I complete a new typeform, the date of the meeting won’t be added on my Monday board.

Please find below my steps :

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ElieO 

Try turning the Zap ON and testing live.

Then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace the data flow and troubleshoot.

Mapped variables in Zap step fields means those values are dynamic, and will change each time the Zap Runs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ElieO 

Make sure to reference the field descriptions for guidance about the expected valid values and formatting.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

I think I understand. Maybe you can confirm that this could be the problem :)

The fact is that 2 zaps are working together. As mentionned in my first message, I have a first zap that creates a new item each time a lead completes our typeform :

Zap 1

1. Trigger: Typeform - New Entry
  2. Action: Monday - Create Item

Then, I have a my second zap that we discussed together.

But the fact is that they both work simultaneously. I think that when my second zap is looking for the data on Monday, there is no data… But a few seconds later, when the item is created, if if replay the zap, it works !

This could be the solution ? If yes, how can I add a short delay between zap 1 and 2 ?

Thank you so much

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ElieO 

You can add a Delay step: https://zapier.com/apps/delay/help

The 2 Zaps have different triggers, both of which are Instant.

It’s unlikely the Typeform will be submitted at the same time as the Calendly event is created.

Userlevel 1

In fact the Calendly meeting confirmation is part of the Typeform. But Calendly gets the confirmation of the meeting before the Typeform is validated (it’s a matter of seconds). And I think that’s why Zap 2 is working before Zap 1. So when Zap 2 is looking for the email on Monday, there is not data on Monday.  So the zap fails. A few seconds later, the item is created on monday and if I replay the Zap run, it works.

For example here I have a new lead. No date of meeting is mentionned.

Because the Zap failed.

But if I replay the Zap right after, it works

Do you have any solution ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ElieO 

Did you try this suggestion?

You can add a Delay step: https://zapier.com/apps/delay/help

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy,

I just tried and it works ! I’ve added a 1min delay between step 1 and 2 and 1 min after, the date is added to my Monday board :)

Thank you so much for your help !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This whole post is awesome! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction @ElieO!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗