Skip to main content
Question

How to add a players name to a auto message when a Discord role is issued

• 24 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone I have set up a auto message when a role is issued to a user but in the message I would like the users name to be mentioned in the message but I can not work out how to do this. I have a screen shot to help you out hope someone can help with this.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Dale1982,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

If you want to mention a user in Discord. You can try this following syntax:

• <@{{User ID}}> (ex: <@123456789>)

Here’s what it looks like in the Zap:

6bc84221490b03b3f0262206d7d271f9.png
(view larger)

Here’s what it looks like in Discord:

a80e8c2746ce7e2c75495832bad1d715.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Hi thanks for the reply but this is not working as I would like it, I would like this to work like this please, a member subscribes to my Patreon subscription and then he is given a role then the bot should identify the player with that role and send a message to a channel in discord. I do not want to have to keep changing the players Discord ID I would like the bot to no what member has been issued the role automatically and then send the message to the channel with the players Discord name. Thanks hope this helps you understand what I'm looking to archive.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Dale1982,

Thanks for your clarification.

Have you tried mapping the User ID after the “@” symbol as shown in the GIF below. This should dynamically mention a user when they get assigned a role in Discord. If you have tried mapping the User ID, does the bot keep mentioning the same user every time the Zap runs?

d17788d8ae3e8e4f7afe6b32c935c1ed.gif
(view larger)

Please keep me posted!

Yes it  keep mentioning the same user all the time this is so tricky to get right I am thinking of coding my own bot just to run this simple task command.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the confirmation @Dale1982!

I think this issue is a bug with the Discord integration. I also replicated your workflow and it keeps mentioning the same user every time I assign a role to that user.

I’d recommend reporting this issue to our Support Team so that they can take a closer look at this issue.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.