Best answer

How to accept donations in Braintree from a Webflow form

So, I set a trigger. Form submission in webflow. This connects, it finds the form, and the fields are available.

It asks for an action. I connect to braintree, which it does successfully. Now that I am connected, the only action I can make is to create a new customer.

Maybe I am not understanding the flow of zapier, but I see no way to accept donation payments in braintree while using zapier as a relay hub from webflow.

Am I wrong in this assessment? I understand if the platform is not designed to handle this, but maybe I just don’t quite get how to configure zapier to bridge these two.

Does anyone have experience with this? Can Zapier bridge webflow with braintree to accept donation payments?

icon

Best answer by Brem 4 April 2023, 23:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @dannyv 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

The action step that you want to use isn’t available now. We have to file a feature request for that.

However, I haven’t used Braintree. I want to ask, is accepting donation payments similar to creating payments in Braintree?

I’ll keep an eye out for your response!

I imagine it is. A payment is a payment, and ultimately all we are doing is passing values from one service to another.

We integrated braintree in a wordpress site about 5 years ago using their supplied SDK. It is only surfacing now because we are trying to shift to webflow, which cannot process this level of code. I am not wholly versed in the SDK, but I imagine the SDK can provide any logical missing connections your team may have when adding this feature.

Thanks for the response!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @dannyv 

I appreciate your explanation.

Regarding your concern, the action step (create payments) isn’t available now. Looking at our records, we currently have a feature request open for the Creating a Payment action step. I'm happy to add you to this request, and should the team ever add support for this feature, we'll be sure to send you an email to let you know.