Best answer

How quickly does the 'New Database Item in Notion' trigger run?

• 27 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m interested in setting up a workflow using the `New Database Item in Notion` trigger. 

I’d like to know how quickly this trigger runs from when a new database item is created. From my tests I can’t tell — it seems to be pretty quickly but not immediately. I’d like to ensure it doesn’t trigger so quickly that the Notion user hasn’t filled out all the fields in the database. 

I can see from Notion’s page on Zapier that this zap will run every 15 minutes for Zapier users on the Free plan. I’m on a paid plan and it seems to be quicker than that.

So I’m wondering:

• Does it check for new entries every X minutes?
  • Does it run after a certain time since a new database item was created?
  • Does it run after a certain time since a new database item is no longer being edited? 
  • Something else? 

Many thanks! 

Nic

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 March 2024, 19:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @nic-zh 

The Notion Zap app triggers are scheduled, which can take from 1-15 minutes to fire depending on your Zapier plan.

e.g. If on the Professional, plan then the Zap will run every 2 minutes to check for new data.

Ah brilliant thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @nic-zh! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Just to add to this too, if you’re worried about missing data (which could be possible, though unlikely because of polling) you can use the updated item trigger to check if all the fields are populated first before you continue with the action. If they are not, the next polling trigger will check again.