Skip to main content
Question

How I connect the tool Zapier Chatbots with whatsapp or other messaging app

• 25 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello colleagues, could someone help me with the integration of the Zapier Chats Bots with WhatsApp, I have been researching to link the AI ​​to the WhatsApp conversations, according to the support of the Zapier ChatBots, yes it is possible but when I go to perform the integration it does not allow me to select the Zapier Chatbots tool as an action app. Does anyone in the community know how else it can be done? I attach a screenshot of what support tells me and the step by step but when I go to do it the options are not enabled

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @alejosuarez, welcome to the Community! 🎉 

It’s a bit tricky for me to follow what’s been said in the screenshot as it’s not in English, but are you wanting to have the chatbot send a WhatsApp message?

If so, you’d need to add logic to the chatbot that runs a Zap which has a Send Message (WhatsApp Notifications) action. You can learn more about how to do that here: Add logic to Zapier Chatbots > Run Zap

That said, the WhatsApp Notifications app is only able to send messages to the WhatsApp account that’s connected to the Zap. If you’re looking to send a WhatsApp message to the user who’s using your chatbot that’s not going to be possible right now. There’s a request for a WhatsApp app to be added to Zapier that would allow you to send messages to other WhatsApp numbers. So if that’s what you’re looking to do let me know and I’ll add your vote which will help increase it’s chances of it being added to Zapier.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!