Question

How do you Zap agenda and files before a meeting in Microsoft

• 5 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone!

I am trying to figure out how how to automate sending a reminder to my Board that also sends out the Board Pack at the same time?

i use the Microsoft 375 environment.

Thanks!

Amanda

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @amaevans, welcome to the Community! 👋

I’d have thought you could try the following approach in a Multi-step Zap:

• Trigger: Calendar Event Start (Microsoft Outlook) - triggers the Zap in advance of the event starting (at a specific time of your choosing, for example 45 minutes before the event start time).
  • Action: Find File (OneDrive) - searches for the relevant board pack based on the event subject (assuming the name of the event would be unique/relevant enough to find the correct board pack file in OneDrive?). See: Search for existing data in Zaps
  • Action: Send Email (Microsoft Outlook) - sends out email reminder, with file output by previous action selected in the Attachment field. See: Send files in Zaps

That should allow you to trigger the Zap, a certain amount of time before a meeting starts, search for the relevant board pack file and attach it to the email reminder that is then sent. 

Do you think that approach will work? If I've misunderstood what you're looking to do or you run into any issues in setting this up just let us know. Always happy to help further! 🙂

Thank you!

Can you specify what meeting can be a trigger? As certain meetings require certain paper work.

Thanks!
Amanda

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @amaevans,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It really depends on you. You can either create a new meeting and use it as your sample data in your trigger by clicking on the “Find new records” button, or you can use the loaded sample data after you hit the “Test” button in the “Test” section of the Zap.

You can learn more about about changing the test data in your Zap trigger here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Hopefully, this helps! 😊