Best answer

how do you populate a text document according to data in a spread sheet?

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

How can I populate a text document according to data in a spread sheet? Populated text would be relevant to, not the same as, the reference data.

e.g IF field = 'A' THEN populate doc with 'Paragraph A'. If data in spreadsheet field is ‘Red’ then populate text document with ‘Red is a popular colour’. I’d like to repeat this process to create a whole document according to a row/column of data.

(for context, the data is answers to a quiz and the document will be a report with paragraphs explaining each one of the answers they gave)

thanks!

icon

Best answer by ForYourIT 8 May 2020, 17:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there - This is very easy to do using Airtable and something like Google sheets. 

I think the only part I’m missing is - What would trigger the document creation

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @josef ,

You can use the “Paths” action from Zapier. This basically allows you to create IF, ELSE statements within your Zap workflow.
Then from each path you could create a row, document or anything you would like to create:

Hope this helps you out a bit!

~Bjorn

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @josef! We just wanted to check in here to see if either of the suggestions you’ve received were helpful for you. Let us know!